National Database Registration Authority (NADRA) and Interior Department of Punjab have joined hands for a new computerized system that makes it easy to renew your existing arms license or cancel the arms license if required.
NADRA is currently not issuing new arms licenses, instead only old arms licenses are computerized / renewed by NADRA.
Also note that computerized Arms licenses from NADRA may take up to 12 months or even two years, as they are computerized after verification from local DCO / original issuer of arms licenses.
The new system is called Computerized Arms License System (CALS).
To identify fake arms licenses, and to provide satisfaction and protection against crimes, NADRA has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Punjab government to issue computerized arms licenses in the province.
In the initial phase, the smart cards will replace the old (traditional) arms licenses in 9 districts of Punjab, as well as in Islamabad, Lahore, Sargodha, Multan, Peshawar, Quetta, Hyderabad, Sukkar and Karachi.
If you still have the old arms license, you can apply for the new computerized NADRA arms license. This is because the government plans on cracking down on people who carry bare weapons and arms and have old arms licenses, according to the law.
How To Apply For Renewal of Arms License
- Submit Rs. 1,400 in UBL Omni. (Note: this is a non-refundable annual fee for weapon license).
- Submit your application for arms / weapon license in your respective district’s Deputy Commissioner Office.
- Visit the nearest NADRA center or facilitation center.
- Submit original deposit slip.
- Submit original copy of old arms license.
- Submit two recent passport size photographs.
The applicant will be given a token after complete attestation of their documents.
Furthermore, applicants have to go through bio-metric verification, digital photography and similar systems to complete their request.
Upon successfully clearing each step, the applicant will be handed a new computerized temporary permit and the old license will be cancelled.
Arms License Card Information
NADRA aims to make the arms license cards “foolproof and highly secure” by introducing multiple security features. The arms license card will carry electronic data of the arms and the owner of it for instant machine use and integration with other verification systems.
Here are some of the features of the card that NADRA is offering:
- Verification of applicant particulars through NADRA’s Verisys.
- Card bears weapon information for instant verification.
- Weapon Owner Track-ability through CNIC.
- Foolproof and Secure Document by introducing various security features in the card.
- Machine readability through bar code for integration with other checking/Verification systems.
- Secure Lamination on both sides with GOP Logos that are visible under ultraviolet light.
Additional information regarding registration centers can be obtained from below:
For further information, you can call NADRA’s Helpline: 111-786-100